-
February 26th, 2005, 05:46 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Here's a slightly strange topic, but I happened to notice it tonight when I was taking a closer look at my new Kit's hair. She's my first "Mattel" doll (just because I collected before Mattel). I have noticed that she's skinnier than my others (which in a way is nice because she sits up better) and that her feet are just a tad bit smaller somehow. Anyways, here's the part I started thinking about - they definitely changed the materials of her arms, legs, and hair. Her hair is soo much finer than my other dolls'. I am curious about whether all Pre-M dolls are this way (with fine hair) or if it was a more recent change. also, I know this is a very strange observation, but I remember that new (PC) AG dolls had a very distinctive smell - I have no idea what it was or how to describe it, and I was disappointed Kit didn't smell like they used to. LOL - it's a crazy observation but I wonder if anyone else has thought of this. I just remember that sweet, sort of resin-y smell when I was younger and I used to associate it with the wonderful experience of getting a new AG doll. I think it's her hair that has a different smell... perhaps it's her arms and legs, though. with that said, I actually do like the finer hair a lot. I think it will be easier to take care of and easier to keep neat. and as for that smell... well, Kit doesn't smell like anything now, which is fine with me as it's better than a bad or heaven forbid a plastic-y smell, and besides that smell always wore off after a while anyways. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 26, 2005 01:50 AM: Message edited by: amandajg ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks